Types of personal information we may collect
The types of personal information we collect and hold, and our use of that information, depends on our dealings with you. In general, the types of personal information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- your contact details including your name, email address, telephone/fax numbers, business or company name and business and/or residential address;
- your payment and billing information, which we use to bill you for goods and/or services provided to you and to process your payments;
- details for the purpose of pre-employment assessment including employer and reference checks; and
- other information relevant to you that relates to our provision of goods and/or services to you.
Our Woodside Factory is subject to CCTV surveillance for security purposes. Your image, licence plate number, movements and other personal information may be collected by us using this surveillance.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we will collect your personal information from you directly by your correspondence with us or by your submission of electronic or hard copy forms to us, including providing your details to us directly in-store or your purchase of goods or inquiries made through our website.
The purpose of collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
Unless otherwise required or allowed by law, your personal information that is collected by us will only be used or disclosed for the purpose it was collected including:
- to efficiently and effectively provide you with our goods and services;
- to manage our social media accounts;
- to respond to your requests, inquiries or complaints, communicate with you about your account or orders and for other similar customer service related purposes;
- to accept orders, process payments and charges, and deliver our goods and services to you;
- to provide you with information about us and our goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including sending marketing and promotional e-mails; and
- to improve our website, product offerings or services and to better understand customer needs and preferences.
We may from time to time use personal information for another purpose where it would be reasonably expected by you or if allowed by law. We may also use in aggregate non-personally identifying information about for market analysis, research, marketing or other purposes.
Employment applications and resumes collected by us are safely and securely stored and only used for the purposes for which they were collected.
How we disclose personal information
We do not sell personal information to third parties. We may however disclose any of the personal information we collect or receive for purposes consistent with this policy as follows:
- to our directors, officers and employees;
- to our contractors, agents or third party service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- to our professional advisors and agents;
- to payment systems operators such as merchants or third party payment providers; and
- other entities or persons with your consent.
We may also need to disclose your personal information if required by law or to protect or enforce our rights or property.
How we store personal information
We will store your personal information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in our files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
When you use our website, we strive to make your experience easy and meaningful. We, or our third party service providers, may use “cookies” and similar technologies to track site visitor activity and collect site data. If we identify you with this information, any use or disclosure of that information will be in accordance with this policy.
Direct marketing communications
If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us including via our email newsletters, please contact us and let us know, or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our email newsletters.
Access to your personal information
Subject to exceptions allowed by law, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to seek its correction. Please contact us (at our contact details provided below) to request access to your information, or if you have a complaint concerning the privacy of your information.
Depending on the circumstances, we may charge you reasonable costs for providing access to your personal information. There is no fee for lodging a request for access.
Quality and correction of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up to date, however we will assume that personal information you provide to us is accurate and correct. You may request that we correct your personal information held by us by contacting us using the details below.
If you are located in the EU, GDPR provides for additional rights in relation to your personal information that we process. We take these rights into account when processing your personal information, including erasure, objection, portability, restriction, review and withdrawal.
We may change this policy from time to time. Any updated versions of this policy will be posted on our website so you should check periodically to review our current policy, which is effective as of the date listed below. Your use of our website and services constitutes your acceptance and understanding of the policy as in effect at the time of your use.
Enquiries or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to your privacy or your personal information held by us please contact us at:
Melba’s Chocolates and Confectionery
22 Henry Street Woodside
South Australia 5244
Phone: (08) 8 389 7868
Email: [email protected]
Issued September 2018